AN ORDINARY MORNING AS A MUSLIM

, , No Comments



Bismaillah ir-rahman ir-rahim
Assalam alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatu
We’ve been talking of being a Muslim and how every act of everyday is an act of worship and for the sake of pleasing Allah. But we cannot be perfect as the Prophet or as much as the Sahabas but we can strive to near perfection and earn Allah’s mercy. Allah Subhanahu wa’taala loves the deeds that are done regularly. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “The deeds most loved by Allah are those done regularly, even if they are minor”. We have Akhlaq, doing Adhkaar, Cleanliness, Being neat, Salah, reading the Qur’an but how does it happen or how is it supposed to happen in our daily lives, we are ever busy right? No!! We were not, I don’t believe in being busy, it’s what you choose to priorities on.
It’s another day granted by Allah to make it right, that’s what I believe and keep in mind when I wake up every day and the first thing we should do is thank Allah for give us life and supplicating, “Alhamdhulillahi ladhi ahyana baada ma’amatana wa ilayhinushur.” (All praise is for Allah who gave us life after having taken it from us and unto Him is the resurrection.) As for me, I switch on the lights, with my yawning and struggling to open my eyes, it’s time for Fajr. I have to visit the bathroom every morning before anything and at night before going to bed, it’s my regular routine. So I say the dua before entering, “Allahuma inni audhubika minal khubuthi wal habaithi.” (O Allah, I seek refuge in you from the evil and evil things) and with my left foot first I enter the bathroom. After finishing my business, I use water to perform Istinja and after wash my hands with soap, I brush my teeth as the Prophet of Allah encouraged and then do wudhu. When am done, I know my supplication after finishing wudhu but I’ll do it once out of the bathrrom. But before leaving I have to make sure the next person who is going in won’t find in a state that is not pleasing thus I flush the toilet, put the sit up after wiping it with a tissue because of the water used in Istinja, clean the sink too and wipe off the water with the bathroom clothe then throw the tissue in the bin and I leave the bathroom with my right leg and say, “Ghufranaka” (I ask for Your forgiveness.)
As I walk to my room, my parents are awake too and I greet them, “Assalam alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatu” (Peace and blessings of Allah be with you) and what could be better than to say this greeting as it is a dua and smile its Sunnah, don’t be grumpy that early in the morning. Once I reach my room, I pick up my Hijab (here I mean as a head scarf), socks and a long, loose Abaya and using my right hand I put them on starting with my right hand too as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) taught. I make my Iqamah since the Adhaan was already called. I make my attention, find my concentration like the Prophet said, “When you stand up for Salah make it as if it was your last Salah; do not say a word for which you will have to make an excuse the coming day; and build no hope on what is in the hands of men.” and with Allahu Akbar I start my Salah. My brothers and father walk to the Masjid as it is near to offer their Salah. I start with Sunnah as the Prophet insisted to pray the two Sunnah Rakaats before Fajr. After my Sunnah I begin my Fajr prayer and my mother joins me since it is better than praying alone and has more thawab. I am now the Imam. When we are done, I say “Astaghfirullah” 3 times then the dua after Salah “Allahuma annta salam waminka salam tabarakta yadhaljalali walikram” (O Allah, You are Salam [the source of ultimate peace] and from you is all peace, blessed You are, O Possessor of majesty and honor) and then proceed to do my adhkaar saying, “Subhana Allah, Alhamdhulillah, Allahu Akbar” each 33 times and for the 100th time, “Laillah illa Allah wahdahu la sharika lahu lahumulku walahul hamd wahua ala kuli shain kadir” and I prefer using my fingers instead of the Tasbeeh. There is a hadeeth that says, “Whoever says this after each prayer will be forgiven of his sins even if they be as much as the foam of the sea”. (Muslim) then recite Ayatul Kursi (Q2:255) which in a hadeeth says, “The one who recites it after each of the obligatory prayers, then death will be the only thing preventing him from entering Paradise.” (Bukhari), and will be in protection, safety of Allah until the night. Then I make my duas and not forgetting “Rabii ghfirli waliwali daya rabii rhamhuma kama rabayani swaghira.” (O Allah! Forgive me and my parents and bestow on them Mercy as they had mercy upon me when I was an infant) then I continue to read the Qur’an at least a page, the Prophet of Allah said, “Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward, and this reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that ‘Alif Lam Meem’ is a letter, rather I am saying that ‘Alif’ is a letter, ‘Lam’ is a letter and ‘Meem’ is a letter.” (Tirmidhi) it’s evident we should increase our recitations to gain such merits and together with An-Nas, Al-Falaq, and Al-Ikhlas which should be recited after prayer and after Maghrib and Fajr 3 times. The quiet hours of the early morning is a good opportunity to recite the Qur’an and do adhkaar for those who can. Personally it is a cleansing mode of the heart. The Prophet of Allah said: “The recital of the Qur’an at dawn is always witnessed, the angels of the night and the angels of the day witness it.” There is no prohibition to return to sleep after Fajr but the preferred choice is to stay till after dawn in remembrance of Allah. This is what I call my morning inspiration.
After my Ibaadah, I have chores to do around the house as I get ready for my day at work. I dust and clean the house then help my mother make breakfast for all of us. As much as doctors or scientists insist on people eating healthily, Islam does too especially natural food and avoid processed food as much as possible. If its junk food maybe once in a while but don’t be eating pizzas and soda from morning till evening, Monday to Sunday. And as children we should take care of our bodies from being obese and parents should teach their children and excite them in eating healthy foods. The Prophet used to eat healthy foods such as, dates, olives, honey, bread, meat and milk. And if possible dates should be in our kitchen just as we won’t miss butter or margarine or jam or a pack of Oreo. Naturally seeking to follow the example of our beloved Prophet with the intention of pleasing Allah will be a reward as an act of worship. And as we make and prepare several dishes, we must observe cleanliness too, always.
Yum! Breakfast is ready and as a Muslim, beginning our meal is with the name of Allah, “Bismillah wa’ala barakati Allah.” (In the name of Allah, in its beginning and end) and eating drinking with the right hand. The Prophet did teach etiquettes while eating and he said, “Mention the name of Allah, and eat with your right hand and eat what of the food is nearer to you.” Don't see some chunky meat at the end of the plate and stretch your hand to get it, no! Brother and sister in Islam that is not what the Prophet taught. Also we should watch not to pour food everywhere. After the meal, we thank Allah by saying, “Alhamdhulillahi ladhi ata’amana wa sakana wa ja’alana minal muslimin.” (All praise is for Allah who fed me this and provided it for me without any might nor power from myself). Overeating is unhealthy too and the Messenger of Allah said, “The son of Adam fills no vessel more displeasing to Allah than his stomach. A few morsels should be enough for him to preserve his strength. If he must fill it, then he should allow a third for his food, a third for his drink and leave a third empty for easy breathing.” After relieving your stomach don’t just leave your plate for the house help or your mom to pick it up and take to the kitchen for you or clean your mess, it should be the other way around. Let them rest and take their plates and wash them, again don’t leave dirty dishes on the sink.
This my average morning as a Muslim, with remembrance of Allah. What’s your morning routine?

0 comments:

Post a Comment